Once located on Zeally Bay Road, where Woolworths delivery bay is currently located was a little house which held wonderful memories for the Evans Family who have kindly shared their photo album with us.
The house was built opposite the original 9 hole Golf Course in Torquay. It is not surprising that it was originally called “The Links” when it was first built. Because of the number allotments associated with the house it is hard to determine on which allotment the first house was built. We do know it was built between 1899 and 1903.
Read about the house and its name change to “Happy Days” here.